Verbeelding Bookclub first Read-A-Thon!


I'm participating in my first ever Read-A-Thon! Starting Monday, September 22, I'll be reading like a maniac for an entire week. School has just started, so I hoped I wouldn't be all that busy yet, but oh well, we'll see.

For those of you who don't know what a read-a-thon is, it's basically an event with a time limit where you set a goal (which you can choose yourself, of course) you would like to reach by the end of the Read-A-Thon. I think this idea is super neat since I - and a lot of other people - enjoy reading so much, but sometimes make too little time for it.
That's why I asked my fellow Verbeelding Bookclubmembers if they were interested in such a thing. As you can see: they were! If you want to participate as well: great!
You can become a member of the Verbeelding Bookclub (Dutch) on Goodreads, or you can just participate on your own blog by posting a list with your goals and keeping your readers up to date (once every day or just at the end of the week). If you're participating, let me know. I would love to read all about your updates! :)

You can also use this button on your blog. (Made by Kathleen)
Verbeelding Bookclub


So now on to my goals for next week's read-a-thon!
» Read (at least) 100 pages/day
» Read three books

And these are the books I'm hoping to have read by the end of the week:
» (already started) Lolita - Nabokov
» (already started) De dag dat we Andy zijn arm afzaagden - Marnix Peeters
» The 100-year-old man who climbed out the window and disappeared - Jonas Jonasson
» Harry Potter and the Halfblood Prince - J.K. Rowling

I'm super excited for next week! Are you going to participate in the read-a-thon? I sure hope so.

p.s. Nominations for the Knack Weekend Blogger Awards are open! If you want, you can nominate Bij gebrek aan beter (and you would make me a very happy gal) by clicking here.

Have a great day & I'll talk to you soon!

CONVERSATION

5 reacties:

  1. Hoi Elisse, leuk dat ik via de Verbeelding bookclub je blog ontdekt heb! Spannend, die read-a-thon, ik word al een beetje zenuwachtig, maar kijk er naar uit :-) Veel succes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaaaa ik doe ook mee :) Ik moet nog even een lijstje maken maar heb er nu al zin in. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wohooow, da's ambitieus. De 100-jarige man alleen al is superdik. Maar wel héél leuk. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tof, ik zou wel willen meedoen, maar ben er een beetje te lui voor momenteel, ik lees enkel op de trein tijdens schooldagen! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zou supergraag willen meedoen, maar heb juist een vrij drukke week voor de boeg waarin ik weinig tijd zal hebben voor te lezen, but i'll give it a try anyway :-)

    ReplyDelete

Yay! Comments make my day!

Back
to top