23 before 24: halfway there


I'm turning 24 on Feb 12 2015. To make this year a bit more challenging and fun, I made a list with 23 things I'd like to accomplish before turning 24. 6 months have passed so far and I'm here to share what I've done so far! You can check out the full list here, and in this post I will focus solely on the things I've achieved so far.




1. read 30 books: 12/30
(All Families are Psychotic - Douglas Coupland, Water for Elephants - Sara Gruen, Fight Club - Chuck Palahniuk, Broodje @@p - Patrick Arink, Zwellend Fruit - Peter Verhelst, The Book Thief - Markus Zusak, A Clockwork Orange - Anthony Burgess, Art D'Eco - Kelly Eeckhaut, The Fault in Our Stars - John Green, Where'd you go, Bernadette - Maria Semple, Suicide Notes - Michael Thomas Ford, Trainspotting - Irvine Welsh)
Almost halfway there! I just started rereading the Harry Potter series, so I'm pretty sure this will be an easy one to accomplish. :)

2. make/sew/craft 15 things for myself: 4/15
(iPhone cozies, kitchen apron, upcycled shorts (blogpost will follow), felt sewing needle booklet (blogpost will follow))
I still have a long way to go with this one, so I'll better get started!

5. have my own domain name
April 11, 2014: http://bijgebrekaanbeter.be is a fact! After four years and one day I finally bought my own domain name. Yay!

6. go to a festival
Gladiolen, check! (Thanks to the awesomesauce DJ-duo Lumberjack!)
Lucid Festival, check!
Gentse Feesten, check!
Dour, check!

9. make my own fabric labels
I have 100 bij gebrek aan beter labels, so I'll have to put them to good use.



11. do a photo an hour each month: 5/12
(February, March, April, May)
--> Dammit, I forgot in July! To make this up, I'll do two photo an hours in September (one while on holiday, one at home!)

13. save up enough money for a new camera
I bought a Canon EOS 600D!

22. get healthier
I feel a lot healthier since I eat more veggies & fruits, and try to eat less candy & sugar, but this could still improve a lot in my opinion, so I'll get back to you by the end of my 23d year :)


23. be able to run 5km without undergoing mental or physical breakdown
I ran my first 5k on July 10 together with my mom. High five!

I still have quite a lot to do, first one on the agenda is definitely the 'get my nose pierced'. Sorry mom.

Did you make a ... before ... list this year? How's it going?

Take care & talk to you soon!

11 reacties

  1. Ik heb wel een lijst gemaakt vorig jaar maar meeste van die lijst ben ik al weer vergeten.. Oeps. En ik ben aan het einde van dit jaar jarig dus ook niet echt handig. Wel wil ik weer een nieuwe maken voor volgend jaar :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gaat ze snel aan wennen hoor, mijn papa was ook geen fan van mijn neuspiercing maar nu dus wel:) veel geluk bij het piercen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. People checking off things on their to-do lists of any sort is so inspiring. Happy to see it's going so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ik begin er simpelweg niet aan, aan zo'n lijst. Ik zou niets kunnen uitvinken... Jij bent wel goed bezig ! tattoo en piercing: ben ik al zeer benieuwd naar ! Liefs, me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wat leuk! Lists are the best!
    February people Wow! :D Ik word 18 op 9 febr!
    http://www.jaseyjade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. goed bezig! ik heb ook een lijstje gemaakt, maar daar moet nog aan worden gewerkt.. maar, ik heb nog tot mei! ;)
    xo, cheyenne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Toch al veel vooruitgang! Vooral leuk als je dan zo iets kan doorstrepen :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice bucketlist en ik zie dat je vooruit gang boekt! You go girl! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Leuk, die laatste foto! Fijn om te zien dat je al wat dingen hebt kunnen scrhappen, op naar een volgende update waar je (hopelijk) nog meer zal kunnen schrappen!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! Comments make my day!