February in review

Thursday, March 06, 2014 16 Comments


In February, I…



» went to Curaçao with my family. We enjoyed the sun & quality time together. The week was amazing and unforgettable. And whenever I'm feeling a bit down, the movie I made always makes me happy.





» turned 23! Unfortunately, I got sunburnt lips in Curaçao (now I know, always use a lip product with SPF!) and it hurt so much. Also, it looked kind of awful. I tried to make it a fun day by dressing up, putting on some makeup and crimped my hair (thanks bf for the curling iron!). Later I went to a Mexican restaurant (my fave!) and had a cocktail. It was a cozy evening.


» received a massive amount of birthday mail & made two new phone pouches.


» worked my ass off at Reverze & met up with some friends.


» had a bunch of fun at an event with Eline & Lieke. Blogpost coming up this Sunday, so be sure to check it out!


» picked out some new glasses! I actually got three pairs, so you'll definitely see them pop up in selfies in the future ;-) On the left side you see my mom wearing these fashionable glasses, haha


» went partying! It was a loooong time ago since I last went partying (or at least it seemed like that) and me & the sista had a blast! Unfortunately we didn't really know where to get the night bus so we got stuck in the cold in a village and had to wait outside for quite some while (hence the photo on the right).


» saw 9 movies & read 5 books (thank you 10-hour flight!)
movies
1 Koning van de Wereld - 01/02 - ★★★
2 In Her Shoes - 08/02 - ★
3 Vanilla Sky - 13/02 - ★★★★
4 The Great Gatsby - 15/02 - ★★★★
5 The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - 16/02 - ★★★★★ ♥
6 Scott Pilgrim vs The World - 21/02 - ★★★★
7 Our Idiot Brother - 21/02 - ★★★★
8 I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry - 23/02 - ★
9 Limitless - 27/02 - ★★★★

books
1 Slaap - Annelies Verbeke - 01/02 - ★★★
2 The Boy in the Striped Pajamas - John Boyne - 03/02 - ★★★★★
3 Opnieuw en opnieuw en opnieuw: een Neo-Spartaanse hard-boiled liefdestragedie - Joost Vandecasteele - 08/02 - ★★★★
4 All Families are Psychotic - Douglas Coupland - 19/02 - ★★★★
5 Water for Elephants - Sara Gruen - 25/02 - ★★★★★

I wish you all a wonderful day! Talk to you soon!

Elisse

Twentysomething - journalist - crazy cat lady - creatieve duizendpoot - hart verloren in 't stad - fervent lezer