Button swap with Zane

Sunday, October 13, 2013 , 15 Comments

As I mentioned before (in a Snail mail Sunday post) I participated in the button swap hosted by Olga. My partner in crime turned out to be Zane, a wonderful young lady from Latvia. (A country I know SO little about, even though it's also situated in Europe)

Our "job" was to find out what the other person liked and gather buttons that she might like. I dove in my collection, even teared up a few failed refashions for their cute buttons and sent my package on its way to Zane. She mentioned she likes the colors pink & purple, hence the pinkish color theme. Also, she's a huge fan of cherries, so I made her a cherry stamp and added a cherry masking tape that I myself barely used. And she enjoys postcrossing, so I included some (handmade) postcards and paper scraps for Zane to use as well.

I had so much fun putting this package together, deciding and figuring out what my partner would like and what not :)








Last week I received my swap from Zane and I was so surprised by all the beautiful stuff she sent me. Everything was so earthy and beautifully wrapped. Zane sent me a few leaves to ressemble Golden Time (because all the leaves turn yellow in Autumn) that she decorated herself. I LOVE them. The buttons are all amazing and will definitely be put to good use in future sewing projects. The candies are - well, were because me and the bf ate them all - yummy! Also, the owl necklace, bookmark and lace are such nice touches. Thank you so very much, dear Zane.








last photo made by Zane

Let me know if anyone would want to participate in some sort of button swap like this, I would be thrilled to organize one :)

Elisse

Twentysomething - journalist - crazy cat lady - creatieve duizendpoot - hart verloren in 't stad - fervent lezer