Recipe: sugarfree Dutch sand cookies

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 , 17 Comments

For my 22 before 23 challenge I want to experiment a bit more in the kitchen. And living a more healthy life can definitely be a part of that! I read a lot about 'going sugarfree' and since I'm a sucker for sweet deserts, I made up my own recipe for sugarfree cookies. They're kind of like Dutch sand cookies, but at the same time they taste a bit different! Want to see how they turned out?



Things you'll need: (for about 25 cookies)
» 250 gr. flour
» 125 gr. butter (at room temperature)
» 3/4/5 tablespoons of agave syrup/nectar
» 1 egg
» 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
» 20 gr. almond powder

Let's get started!
1. Preheat the oven at 200°C.

2. Cream the butter and egg and add in all the other ingredients as you go.

3. Once it's a smooth mixture, roll it out on the table in a thin layer.
(If your layer is too thick, your forms might end up like this!)

BAD EXAMPLE.


GOOD EXAMPLE!


4. Use cookie cutters to make shapes (preferrably an owl one ;-) ) and put them on a baking sheet/paper on a baking plate.



5. Put the cookies in the oven for about 15 minutes. When they start to get a bit brown, they're ready!

6. Let them cool and enjoy your desert!



P.S. I bought my owl cookie cutter at a local shop in Berlin, but you can find it online at De Tafel van 18 & Taartelicious. Happy baking!

Enjoy! And let me know how yours turned out!

Elisse

Twentysomething - journalist - crazy cat lady - creatieve duizendpoot - hart verloren in 't stad - fervent lezer