My blue dip dyed hair

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 , 37 Comments


The past few months I had been craving for colored hair. I've had blonde, red, orange, purple and black hair before, but never blue! The idea popped up in my head thanks to my dear friend Pinterest, and these amazing hair photos.

photo by lll666


However, I wanted to try out the dip dye/ombre/tie dye rage. Blue dip dye hair, that can't go wrong, right?


photos by coco_chanelle


Since my hair is naturally dark brown, I had to bleach my ends first.
It took me two sessions to get my ends 'white' enough.

First session:


Second session:


After that was done, the fun could finally begin! I bought myself some blue hair dye (the color is called sky blue) and went for it!


photos by mr. boyfriend


Ta-daa! I like it sooooo much, the color is so vibrant and fun! And I don't know why, but it kinda reminds me of a mermaid. Haha. :)

What do you think? Do you like it, or do you think it's a bit over the top?

Elisse

Twentysomething - journalist - crazy cat lady - creatieve duizendpoot - hart verloren in 't stad - fervent lezer